Sunday, April 20, 2008

Beatlesque #5 & #6


I didn't get around to posting my Beatlesque #5 playlist before I did my KRUU radio show on Thur Apr 17. So below is the playlist.

"Lies" by The Knickerbockers probably should've been in the previous (or should be in a future) "Overtly, Purposefully Beatlesque" playlist. I don't know if I'll be doing another such "Overtly, Purposefully Beatlesque" playlist, however. There are a lot of good Rutles songs left over from the 1st such playlist--but the leftover Utopia songs are not so good, the leftover Two Lips songs are pretty bad, & there's only a small handful of such songs by other artists not yet used.

Note: iTunes has the Bee Gees' song "Turn Of The Century" (album version) mislabeled as "Bee Gees 1st"--which is actually the name of the album it's on. (Doing my playlists, I've come upon several songs--by well-known artists--in iTunes that are mislabeled. What the F, Jobs? Can't you find good workers who want to work for you?)

The links below are to the songs in iTunes, unless notated with an asterisk.

* = Amazon.com (not available in iTunes)

1. The Background To History - Monty Python
2. Lies - The Knickerbockers
3. The Way - Fastball
4. Someone To Love - Fountains Of Wayne
5. Same Changes - Sam Phillips
6. Golden Child Of God - Emitt Rhodes *
7. It's Over - Badfinger *
8. Turn Of The Century - The Bee Gees
9. I'm Not Bitter - The Minus Five
10. Dear Madam Barnum - XTC
11. I'd Die Babe - Badfinger *
12. Turn A Square - The Shins
13. Take You Far Away - Emitt Rhodes (www.EmittRhodesMusic.net)
14. The Sky Is Falling - Owsley
15. Money - Badfinger *
16. Flying - Badfinger
*
17. I Need Love - Sam Phillips
18. I Can't Take It - Cheap Trick
19. Get It Together - Brendan Benson *
20. Not The Girl You Think You Are - Crowded House
21. Coming Up Roses - Owsley
22. Without You - Harry Nilsson
23. Latitude 88 North - Electric Light Orchestra
24. All The Way Home - Spinal Tap

Below is my Beatlesque #6 playlist. I'll be playing this playlist on my KRUU radio show on Thur Apr 24, from 9 to 11 PM Central.

Many thanks to Andy MacKenzie, KRUU radio show host extraordinaire, for his copies of "Meet The Beatlesque" 1 & 2. Also many, many thanks to KRUU listener Glenn Chumley for his copies of the Owsley, The Apples In Stereo, and Jamie Hoover & Bill Lloyd CDs.

As above, the links below are to the songs in iTunes, unless notated with an asterisk.

* = Amazon.com (not available in iTunes)

1. Blind Mary - Gnarls Barkley
2. Start! - The Jam
3. Zavelow House - Owsley
4. I Want You To Want Me - Cheap Trick
5. The Rainbow - The Apples In Stereo
6. Sub-Rosa Subway - Klaatu *
7. When I Fall - Sam Phillips
8. Know One Knows - Badfinger
9. What I'm Looking For - Brendan Benson *
10. Nobody Knows - The Raspberries
11. Bluebird Is Dead - Electric Light Orchestra
12. Ballet For A Rainy Day - XTC
13. 1000 Umbrellas - XTC
14. Bring Back That Leroy Brown - Queen
15. I Walk Away - Crowded House
16. That's What The Little Girls Do - The Knack *
17. Barbara H. - Fountains Of Wayne
18. Come On, Come On - Cheap Trick
19. Rainy Day People - Owsley
20. Submarine Dream - The Apples In Stereo
21. Shiny Cage - The Dukes Of Stratosphear (XTC)
22. Still Not Over You - Jamie Hoover & Bill Lloyd
23. Who's That? - Electric Light Orchestra

No comments: